Search This Blog

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Tucson

Wednesday was our last day in Tucson.  I feel like we have made some noticeable progress towards getting more organized.  We still have more to do but there are only a few small baskets of clutter now instead of massive piles everywhere.  We also need to work on making it a habit to put things away so the piles don't start back up.  That is going to be hard for all 3 of us but it is important that we stop leaving socks here, shoes there, and dishes everywhere!

If you click on this picture you can see
the coyote that was stalking us!
I took the dogs on a walk that ended up being much longer than I thought it would be but it was also much more exciting than I thought it would be.  We were walking on a road that follows a river (more like a sand pit since there isn't much water in it right now) and I noticed what appeared to be a coyote scurrying up a side street.  I watched it for a minute and then continued walking and I noticed a 2nd coyote across the street.  It was watching us and as we walked it also walked, heading in the same direction we were going.  When I stopped to watch it, it stopped to watch us.  I think it was eyeing little Sydney and trying to decide if she would make an easy breakfast.  Obviously it wasn't aware of her kill record.  I bet Sydney would put up a pretty good fight for an
This is just a cropped picture of the original one
that I zoomed in on so you can see the coyote
old dog!  It was definitely used to being around people because a biker whizzed right by it and it didn't even flinch and quite a few cars passed between us as well.  Eventually, Izzi saw it and started jumping around and pulling like crazy to try to get to it so it scampered down the bank towards the river.  The coyote was pretty scrawny so I'm sure Izzi's size was enough to scare it off.


After my long walk, I showered and we tried out a local buffet restaurant for lunch: Furr's.  Pretty cheap for a buffet and the food wasn't that bad.  We are supposed to be doing the low carb thing again but there is a giant frozen lasagna in our freezer that we need to eat first so if we eat it for dinner tonight hopefully we can cut the carbs out starting Thursday.  That's the plan anyway.  We'll see what excuse we come up with next.

I took Lorelei to the Children's Museum Tucson Wednesday afternoon.  It was only $8 to get in which is quite a bit cheaper than the last 3 children's museums we've gone to but it was also by far the smallest one we've been to.  Lorelei was convinced there had to be an upper level but after we examined it thoroughly multiple times and didn't see any stairs or elevators she gave up and agreed
Googly eyes in the tree that
made it look like a Tree Monster
I love this colorful dragon statue!
it was just small.  I think she did enjoy it despite the size and even made a few friends while we were there.  There was a fun exhibit that took a video of you jumping in front of a huge ruler and then replayed it in slow motion so you could see how high you jumped.  Lorelei had a blast watching her jumps, doing it over and over again and we had to revisit it a second time before we left.   I've attached a video of the Lorelei doing the jumping exhibit down below.   Fingers crossed that it shows up!

Lorelei had a blast measuring her jumps and watching the replays


Magnetic fruit orchard
All aboard!

 
Another fun museum toy that I've never understood

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are having a fun time! I understand the need to be organized, especially in a small space! Sounds like you have a plan! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gigi says, "Dear Lorelei, you are a great friend. That jump was amazing! We had the Fun Run today. I'm doing good. I'm not doing anything really except for getting a babysitter tomorrow. And I'm having a play date with Adreanne. Have fun!!!!!!! bye bye"

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you guys have fun out there. We miss you very much! Especially Baji checked out your house every single time he has a chance.

    ReplyDelete