Search This Blog

Monday, August 22, 2016

Moab KOA Review

Moab KOA (August 17-21)

We stopped in Moab, UT for a short visit on our way to Las Vegas.  We stayed at the KOA on the south side of Moab and I have to admit I was a little disappointed.  I knew it was located on the far side of Moab but I guess I just didn't realize just how far from Arches it was.
We are still figuring out the best way to find RV parks and I definitely have a lot to learn.  There are quite a few websites available that list RV parks and none of them seem to be inclusive of everything in an area.  I am used to using Google Maps for picking out hotels when we travel, with a little help from Trip Advisor.  Unfortuately, Google Maps seems to be one of the most unreliable ways to find RV parks so I am going to have to change my ways.  It is a bit overwhelming to sort through multiple sites to check and cross check what RV parks are available and decent.  Right now, I am using Passport America, AllStays, Good Sam, Google Maps, RV Park Reviews and the Full-time Families Directory.   When I was researching Moab, I looked at a few places and ended up just settling on the KOA because it seems like a reliable brand and I was feeling overwhelmed with all the options that seemed to be just about the same.
The Moab KOA was just "meh" and as we were driving through Moab, I kept thinking, "Wow, that looks like a nice place, why didn't we look into that one?"  It is certainly a shame that the KOA wasn't nicer.  It definitely has potential but it was kind of like someone just gave up caring about it about 10 years ago.  There is a mini golf course that Lorelei enjoyed but it is in need of some major attention.  There is also a little game room with ping pong and we spent some time playing there but for some reason it just felt depressing in there to me.  We tried to go swimming but the pool was absolutely frigid.  I'm not sure if some of the other RV parks in Moab have heated pools but that is definitly something we will look for if we pass through there again.  Hopefully, I can figure out a better way to sort through all the options available and I have learned my lesson that not all KOAs are equal.
I didn't think to take any pictures of the KOA in Moab but that's probably for the best; you would get depressed looking at them!


No comments:

Post a Comment