Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

We did it!

Wow, what a blur the last few weeks have been. Everything has been so crazy busy I wasn't sure I was ever going to catch my breath! But now I can finally breathe and take a few minutes to update everyone on the beginning of our adventure! Today is the first full day of our new story. We left Colorado yesterday and made it to Moab... should have taken about 6 hours but we took 10! I guess that will be the new norm for us. Hopefully we will get a little faster as time passes but I'm not counting on it.
Here's what has happened over the last month (in a nutshell):
- We drove to Des Moines, Iowa and picked up the RV. We had a brief visit with some extended family, tested out the RV, and then drove to Missouri.
- Lorelei finally returned from a super long visit to Georgia. We met up with my parents at Johnson's Shut-Ins just outside of St. Louis which is an awesome swimming hole and also checked out the Magic House Children's Museum in St. Louis before we returned to Castle Pines.
- David turned in his notice at Xcel and we worked our butts off packing up our storage unit and getting rid of stuff from the house.
- We said goodbye to Colorado!
And now, the adventure begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment