Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Hanging with friends on Long Island

Lorelei and Melody sea kayaking at Greenport Beach
We have been in New York for a little over 3 weeks now.  I'm loving that we are getting to see a variety of what the state has to offer.  We started out on Long Island.  I wanted to head there to visit with my friend Marianne whom I met in Las Vegas when Lorelei was a baby.  Her son Dylan is about a week older than Lorelei and they get along great.  He taught her how to sea kayak and paddled her around on his Mom's paddleboard.  Dylan and Melody (his little sister) got to have 2 slumber party nights with Lorelei in the RV.  I think the kids had a fantastic time together and Lorelei has already started planning what she wants to do with them the next time she sees them.
Lorelei and Addison

In addition to hanging out with Dylan and Melody, Lorelei also made some really good friends at Eastern Long Island Kampground who she is hoping to see again in the future.   I didn't end up taking any pictures of her with her new friends but her friend Addison's Dad texted me one with the 2 of them together so at least I have one of them, thanks to him!  I need to make an effort to take more pictures of Lorelei with her friends.

Movie time before bed 

Video game silliness

Paddleboarding at Meschutt Beach

Sea Kayaking at Meschutt Beach


Saturday night dance party at Eastern Long Island Kampground
Lorelei eventually let Dylan have a turn

Drone spotting
Lorelei taught Dylan how to fly the drone

A Lott on the road... with friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment